ABOUT YOU is one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in Europe with its headquarter in Hamburg. As a fashion and technology corporation, along with our strong team, our ambition is to make online shopping experiences more inspiring and more personal.
Our creative team in Berlin is responsible for the entire process from development of our ABOUT YOU private label collection to its launch. The private label team, consisting of designers, buyers and garment technicians, is always up to date with the newest trends and knows what the upcoming top seller will be.
As Senior Garment Technician (m/f) you are responsible for the product development of our ABOUT YOU collections. Your main goal is to secure our high-quality standards for all products and to make sure all products meet the expectations of our design and buying teams.
- Management of the product development team and their processes
- Problem solving regarding technical challenges and issues
- Preparation of production documents via Adobe Creative Suite
- Compilation of comments for fit and manufacturing (e.g. article descriptions, packaging) of garments for our suppliers and securing of the transfer of all relevant technical information and comments in time
- Full responsibility for fittings, measures and evaluation of samples as well as responsibility for adjustments and optimizations regarding the perfect fit of garments
- Communication with suppliers
- Degree in textile engineering, clothing technology or similar
- Minimum 5 years experience in product development
- Proficient user of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Excel
- Very good understanding of technical and commercial processes of a fast fashion brand
- Excellent project management skills and experience in agile working environments
- Experience in the management of product development teams as well as experience in leading internal and external supplier-fit-meetings
- Willingness of working together closely with the buying team to translate classical as well as trendy products according to the desires of designers and our customers
- Readiness of mind and prescient working manner, also in fast-moving processes
Because of our strong growth, new challenges and possibilities arise all along to further develop oneself and the company. Our team consists of people from different areas of expertise – fashion, marketing, business and tech – we are driven and united by our passion. We motivate and support each other, we share our know-how and we are open towards different opinions and new ideas.
We are looking forward to receiving your application - preferably via our online application portal! Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you it is very easy to upload your application documents. :-)